Saturday, February 28, 2009

Fun with Beeswax....

Yesterday i had the pleasure of giving a beeswax collage class to a group of 4 ladies in the home of a friend. We started by selecting a couple of vintage images from my stash and cutting them out. Because the class was for a group of friends, i brought mainly images of females. Including a couple of nuns, two girls in communion dresses, some showgirls and my mother and aunt. And birds and butterflies, because, well, everybody just likes 'em these days.Next we created backgrounds from various ephemera i had assembled in their kits. Then embellishments like stamps, buttons, butterflies were added. Finally wire hangers, beaded or not, are added to the top of the 5" by 7" canvas boards. The gals did a great job and we had a fun and creative afternoon. I don't usually focus so much on words, but we found some great lines in pages of a typed written novel with gloriously yellowed pages, i got from a friend. She bought it at a yard sale. No idea if the novel was ever published, but their words are immortalized here! For this one i tried to do something different. I created a nest of cut strips of paper and a group of children for "chicks". I added a little branch for the bird to perch on.

2 comments:

~*~Patty S said...

I am really enjoying my visit to your lovely blog. Your beeswax pieces are excellent. I really want to play with wax again!

Janny said...

Bautiful work!