Saturday, February 7, 2009

Beeswax Collage Class

I had the priviledge of giving a beeswax collage class to the Mill Valley Craft Night Daytime Special (or something like that!) at Julia's home. We were 6 in total and created some lovely 5 x 7 beeswax collage wall art. But dang it all i forgot my camera, so all i have to show are my images. I had asked the girls for theme ideas and Birds and Nature popped up - so i went with that for their supply packets. Although i did bring along a selection of victorian images to be used as well.
One of the gals brought a bunch of cool images, stickers and blank cards to share. So i thought i would try to make some beeswax collage cards with my leftover paper. I used french dictionary pages for a backgroud, and some textured papers layered on top. For another i used a large skeleton leaf. They turned out pretty cool!
Thanks Julia for hosting such a lovely event and to all the girls for a creative saturday morning.

No comments: