The group of 8 artists each had to create two pages 5" by 8" using our assigned number. I chose my favorite number two. Also my birthday. We could use as many chunky elements as we wanted - because we would make high quality colour copies that we shared with the group. We made hand bound books to hold all the artwork. it was part of a series of books we did one summer - with colour, numbers and letters and the themes.
Anyway - the little ballerina in the photo above is me in 1969 or 70. Old enough?
In case you are interested here are all the references to TWO in the above collage:
- pas de deux (a french ballet term)
- the watch is set to 2:00
- The sheet music is Heart and Soul and has two sharps.
- it is often played on piano as a duet
- there are two sets of wings
- two degas ballerinas
- the words 2 dream
- a dictionary scrap with the words deux and deuxieme
- and finally two angels.