Thursday, March 4, 2010

Mixed Media Monday Challenge - Enchanted


Here is my submission for this week's Mixed Media Monday Challenge.  The theme this week is "Enchanted" - leaving the interpretation up to each individual artist, of course!
I knew i wanted to use a couple and the night sky, because i could not get ...Some Enchanted Evening... out of my head!
My Uncle Jussi used to always request that song when we were at events where my husband's band played - in a heavy Finnish accent. We got a kick out of that.
Anyway - while looking for romantic couples, i came across Little Red Riding Hood here, with her wolf buddy.  In Vogue magazine of all places. I cut them out and prepared a background.  A night sky printed scrapbook paper gave me the perfect moon and stark trees.  I coloured the moon a golden hue.  I also coloured the maiden's hair blond, since Vogue magazine thought it would sell more dresses if her hair was GREY.  GREY.  The cool thing is that grey hair is easily colourized with a yellow marker.  She didn't have a hood, so some red roses did the trick. The basket of apples is WAY out of scale - perhaps creating perspective?
The French dictionary paper has the words Enchante and Enchantement and Enchanteur - which apparently means someone who charms or seduces - how cool is that?
Please check out the comments section on Mixed Media Monday for more cool enchanted art from around the world!

8 comments:

Sandy said...

OMG this is very impressive.
Stunning creation in a fantastic red. Love them.

Hermine said...

Its gorgeous

Michelle said...

I was thinking of "Some Enchanted Evening" too! Lovely piece. The red is fantastic!

Kristin said...

This is stunning! LOVE it - reminds me of a beautiful Chanel commercial for #5 a few years back - so etherial and elegant, Kristin xo

Lori Saul said...

This is fantasy and beautiful art combined- very enchanting indeed!

Unknown said...

greetings from isle la motte, vermomt
your page is fantastic
thanks for sharing.
michele

Diane said...

Diane, what a fun and fabulous piece of art - very enchanting! Diane

Rosie said...

I love all the varied elements you've used and the red n black is always very dramatic! Great subject matter!!