In our colour themed altered book project for 2014, we are working in each book twice. This month i had PURPLE again - my friend K's creation. See HERE for the last time i had this book.For my first spread i wanted to use some vintage sewing pattern images. these are from an actual pattern for just bodices! who knew that's how you could make a dress back in the 50's?! Use the bodice from one pattern and a skirt from another. I created my skirts with solid purple paper - one full one slim, - then covered both with an overlay of purple organza. I used a strip of glue runner tape across the top of each skirt - then gathered it up in my fingers. the background is a combination of lighted branches from a catalog, and some foreign text. A bit of woven trim creates the borders. Simple and elegant.
For my second spread i wanted to create something jubilant with a girl jumping. It was hard to find an image that wasn't a stock photo (with the company logo across it). or that had bare legs. But i found this gal, in jean shorts - short enough that i could create a paper doll size dress out of an image of purple flowers. (hence the need for bare legs) a couple more flowers adorn her hair. She is floating on a background of scrapbook paper with a green field and blue sky with puffy white clouds. Next i created an "UP" style bouquet of balloons with pink and purple toned solid paper - cut with a circle punch. i used with pink twine for her to hold on to. might add some words to the spread, and a bit of gloss to make the balloons not look so flat.