Monday, September 22, 2014

Pink - Altered Book Revisited

 As part of our 2014 altered book swap - we each got our books back this summer to work in - "mid swap".  My little pink book (see it HERE) is getting nice and fat with lots of clever, pretty and fun pink inspired spreads.  There was a little kitten on this page - so i decided to colour it in with pink paint and simply covered everything else with ivory acrylic paint.  then added some balls of yarn, highlighted with black sharpie.  A bit of robin's egg blue for shadow lines. I cut a couple of phrases from another page with said "where are the mice?"
For my second spread i searched through my paper stash for something pink to jump out at me.  Some wrapping paper filled with Russian nesting dolls filled the bill,  I glued them to the page with some floral scrapbook paper for a change of scale. I accented the page with some pink flowers and washi tape text.

1 comment:

Zenetta said...

I especially love the pink kitty spread!