Saturday, May 2, 2015

Altered Book Swap - Nature Green Revisited

 It is taking a while longer to complete our 2014 altered book round robin, with the colour theme, due to so many of our member's travel schedules.  no problem - what's the rush?  
I last worked in Z's Green themed book last year.  You can see what i did HERE.
 I had selected a couple of architectural images from a travel magazine to use in my spreads.  This elaborate door had a greenish cast to it.  I cut open the door to take a peak inside.  on the left i just filled in the page with a stash of Colombian stamps, since they were, well, very green.  I left some words showing on the page - Morocco and Persia - since they both are evocative of the architecture.
 The next page shows an arch with a man feeding a large creature what could it be?
 How about a large green bird!  
I used small doilies to create a stencil effect by sanding the pages.  
It looks better in person.  
no it doesn't.  
it looks crappy actually.  
but no matter.  
on to the next spread.....
 My next multi page spread was inspired by a book of botanical's i purchased recently.  Since the community where Z and I live has street names of  flowers, it seemed fitting to use those flowers in her book.  I envisioned a victorian ladies journal filled with flowers and birds and butterflies.





Here on the final page are the two ladies - ostensively Z and Me.  Her with a book and me with a bird....  in a beautiful garden on our flowered street named neighborhood!

No comments: