Sunday, April 6, 2014

Bar Cart Makeover

I am hosting a birthday brunch today and thought my bar cart could use a makeover.  My good friends and neighbors gave it me me years ago when they did some remodeling. It has been a utilitarian place to put liquor but never got much attention until today!
This is the "before".  Dark and messy with a lot of crap on the bottom shelf. Decor mags and blogs are filled with cute bar cart images, so I thought I deserve one too!
First stop Cost Plus World Market for some purchases. I picked up some interesting sodas and waters in my colour scheme.  My friend Karen gifted me the cute pink aluminum ice bucket. I recently acquired the vintage soda bottle in an awesome aqua blue. There is even a touch of pink on the handle.   A collection of paper straws in pretty colours in a cylinder vase adds another vintage touch. 
I moved all the booze to the lower shelf and added some fun party napkins in the blue green colour palette. 
I covered the top tray and lower shelf with some green patterned napkins to add even more colour. 
I am so pleased with how it turned out! Mint julep soda anyone?

No comments: