Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Little Felt Hearts


I found these felt hearts in a bag of felt balls I came across while emptying tote bags of previous projects. In my brave attempt to finally PUT THINGS AWAY!
Since we will be joining three couples on valentines for dinner and a show I thought why not make each of the ladies a little gift?
The felt hearts were red, pink and fuchsia - perfect valentine colours.  I looked at my bead assortment to find some coordinating colours.
For all three necklaces i used micro cord in dark grey.  For the red heart i chose some red beads and some silver toned findings.  I have a special "self healing" needle for working with felt projects.  Starting in the middle of the cord, with a little bead and then worked my way "UP" the necklace - through the heart, more beads and then the closure.
The closure allows you to adjust the length of the necklace - using two adjacent knots which slide back and forth. A little bead adds a nice detail.
For the light pink heart i used some yellow glass beads with pink swirls, some solid lavender beads and copper findings. Same sliding knot system!
For the fuchsia heart i used glass beads and a large crystal drop.  It was a real challenge getting the cord through the beads - so i used a dental floss threader.
Here is another felt necklace i made over the Christmas holidays  -  using pre-made felt balls and flowers.
 I got the idea from this kit i purchased.  It included the "self healing" needle.

No comments: