Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Mail Art

I received a cute postcard in the mail from a fellow paper artist.  it was a request to participate in a mail art swap.  Sorry i did not capture the "before" - but here is the "after".    The card - a large math flash card, was painted soft green and had the die cut birdcage and some sunflowers on the cover.  I added the bird (cutting carefully to "fit" him inside the bars!  I added the Polska stamp, the flower sticker on the right, and the text from a vintage legal document.  I also added some lavender ink around the edges.  On the back i added the sender's address on a pretty label, another birdcage and some flowers and mailed it off.
I decided it would be fun to send her a card of my own and ask for her own personal artistic touches, and to send it back to me!  I took a vintage file card in heavy blue paper and added a paper border, a napkin nest and the label from a local store's stationary.  On the back i added a little note and some decorative stamps.  If it looks "empty" - that's on purpose!  The other artist will add collage elements to fill it in.
While i am showing these postcards - i thought I'd share a birthday card i made for a friend back in April.  Just found the image on my phone.  I took two gals from a sewing pattern, cut them out and added them to a collaged card with pop dots.  A little sepia ink around the edges finishes them off nicely.  The only other thing i added was two large flower "corsages".  it was around Easter, so they had to be dressed in their Sunday Best!  The recipient of this card is known for her stylish and eclectic tastes.  So the dictionary page i chose for the background was apropos - it has the word eccentric!

1 comment:

Aileen said...

Hey Diane, haven't touched bases with you in awhile, just wanted to say hi and see how your doing.
Aileen~
Aileen's Musings