Monday, August 13, 2012

Great Big Stitched Postcard Swap!

 I just sent off my postcard for the Great Big Stitched Postcard Swap!   When i was partnered with a crafter in the United Kingdom i was so excited - what with the Olympics and London being "top of mind" these days.  When i saw that Juliet lives on Ashbury Drive i knew what the theme of my card just had to be... the San Francisco neighbourhood known as Haight Ashbury!!
I pulled some clip art off the web and made a collage on a blue recipe card.  I added some flowers and butterflies to complete the summer of love theme.  I found some tie dye fabrics in my stash and sewed them along the top and bottom borders with a large zigzag stitch.  Some embroidered flowers were the final touch.
Check out all the cards on the flickr site HERE.

1 comment:

Zenetta said...

Nice job....brings back memories!