Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Mixed Media Monday - Giggles and Laughter

Here is my entry for the Mixed Media Monday challenge.  This week is it "Giggles and Laughter".
I looked through all my stash trying to find a picture of giggling girls.  I found this instead!  I placed the cut out image of the little girl with a pig on faded blue scrapbook paper.  It matched her dress perfectly.  I backed it onto a ledger page - which just by chance has an address in Pasadena on the bottom.  I added some pink checked ribbon around the piglet, some nice lace at the bottom and an applique bow for the little girl's hair.


Have you heard the expression  - "you can't put lipstick on a pig"?  Apparently you can! My attempts to add mascara on the other hand.... not so successful.


Please check out the mixed media site comments section to links to all the other clever artwork!

8 comments:

Yvonne said...

Adorable, Diane!

Sandy said...

Oh wow this is darling.
Really lovely.

Hermine said...

Its gorgeous

joanna said...

This so cute Diane!!

Beth said...

The composition is beautiful, and the concept is hilarious.

Kristin said...

WOW! I love her! I love the composition and the soft colors - the ledger page is such a perfect backdrop! And I am loving your journal pages too - going to check those out more now! Kristin xo

Diane said...

Ah, thanks for the giggle, Diane! I love your piece, not only is it sweet and funny, it is beautifully done as well. Diane

the19crafter said...

I love it! Is so pretty.