Monday, May 25, 2009

parade of roses - an altered book

When i moved to So. Cal. one of my arsty friends suggested the we start a new altered book project.  the theme could be whatever we wanted - but somehow related to los angeles, hollywood, the beach boys - or something along those lines.  I picked up a couple of books in a south pasadena antique store down the street from Zinnia - my new favorite store in the area!
Jim  and i were still undecided on where to live - but i thought if we end up getting a place in pasadena - then i could do something with this book.  You cannot go anywhere in the area without seeing reference to the Rose Bowl, the Rose Bowl parade or the the infamous rose bowl flea market.
(no - i have not been yet.  Seems sacreligous to be buying stuff when my dear husband is making daily trips to goodwill to off load 20+ years of collected treasures he unearthed in garage)  but wait - just wait....)

Anyway - here is the new altered book:

I have very little supplies here with me - so most of my materials came from fashion magazines.  

this will be the sign in page at the back of the book.
This is the back cover, probably needs something else.  i glued rose print tissue over the grid of rose illustrations - but it isn't great as is.  oh well - a work in progress!

No comments: