Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Art is You - and few More Pics!

 Just wanted to share a few more images from my weekend at Art is You Petaluma.   On Thursday evening i attended a doodle stencil party with  StencilGirl products.  We each got a square piece of foam core and a Sakura Identi-Pen.  Each table had a dozen or so crafty ladies and a big pile of stencils to play with.  We were also given a special stencil to keep designed for the Art is You attendees.  My design above was done with two different stencils, and some random doodling.
 Here is the design i did on the back.  It could look very cool if i coloured it in.  It was a fun casual evening - i made some new friends. and there was cake!
In the hotel ballroom was a semi permanent store set up.  We could come by and shop any time.  there was a  great assortment of found objects and doodads.  I bought many cute things i cannot wait to use.
 There was also something called the DeStash table.  A place where people could leave things they no longer wanted. I picked up a nice bunch of ribbons and trims.
 A couple of faux-vintage patterns.  These are fun images to use in collage.
 Here are a couple of blank plaques i can use for something!
 There was a pile of scrapbook paper - i took a few,
and all kinds of doodads - beads, buttons, trims.
 I love these little brown bottles - i got enough to share.
 Saturday night there was a vendor faire.  
I purchased some vintage paper and ephemera from a local artist.
 Plus i picked up some vintage sheet music. Feather your Nest - for my love of birds.  And a song called Diane, well, isn't it obvious?  in fact my mother used to sing this song to me when i was a little girl.  It was her nightly bedtime lullabye.  It goes, "I'm in heaven when i se you smile. Smile for me, my Diane...."  I am SOOOO happy i picked this up!

Here are some more finds from this vendor - pretty botanical illustrations from an old book.

And from one of my favorite vendor/artists, Anna Corba i purchased this delightful  bag of pink goodies!

and these vintage french house plans - love them!

No comments: