Thursday, February 13, 2014

Paper Hearts

 I decided to make some Valentine cards for my ladies group. 
You know how when you go to Michaels and you have a 40% off coupon
 and you don't know what to buy?  Well i bought a heart shaped paper punch! 
I punched out over a 100 hearts from assorted papers in pinks and blues. 
 I sewed them together on a sewing maching and made 10 strings with 14 hearts each. 
You know, like for the FOURTEENTH of February?
 For the cards i used nice Fabriano water colour paper postcards.
 I splatter painted them with pink spray paint my friend K made from a simple recipe.
 I glued silver hears to the cards using a glue runner.  And no i did not cut those out! - they were purchased at Paper Source.
 I sewed a little loop to the top of each string of hearts, made out of pastel pink vintage seam binding.  Oh you know i love you if i use my vintage seam binding on your card!
 I punched a hole in the top of the card and slipped the loop through. 
That way the string of hearts can be easily removed and hung somewhere
where it can catch the breeze and flitter about. I added a little bit of bling with a pink stone, but kept it pretty simple.  I wrote my sentiment on the back.
Look how cute the hearts look all packed inside the envelope! 
It is like getting a little bundle of love in the mail. 
I used my pretty new address stamp on the envelopes.  Not to get all sappy, but after i lost my husband, it was a big step to order an address stamp with just my name on it.  I chose something pretty with the square shape and the cherry blossom design.
This one got a glitter "stamp" heart, since i hand delivered it.
The rest got one of these.  Thanks USPS for an interesting graphic design.
  I hope the ladies in my grief group, who all lost a close relative this year,
appreciate my little gift of 14 hearts and hugs delivered to their homes.

No comments: