Sunday, November 14, 2010

Christmas Gift Tags

 After making christmas cards this weekend, i thought i would make some tags.  They might end up attached to cards.  They might end up on gifts.  They might end up hanging from a tree or even a banner. They are so fun and fast and easy to make!  For these i used an assortment of vintage themed scrapbook paper and some lovely Florentine inspired prints.  I cut the birds out of a scrapbook paper and the dragon fly and moth are two dimensional stickers with vellum wings from Joann's dollar selection.
These cute little tags were copied from my friend who had the idea to cut out these ornament shapes from a sheet of scrapbook paper and attach them to tags.  I just loved the colours - a nice variation from traditional green and red.
I used background paper that was already sort of patchwork-y or added my own blocks and stripes.  I glued down the "string" of the ornament to the tag, and placed a foam glue dot underneath to lift it up.  Then comes the fun part of selecting assorted ribbons and fibres to tie through the hole.
Click on photo to enlarge to see the sparkley details!

1 comment:

Zenetta said...

They look great---I like the way you said click to see the sparkle, you really can!