Sunday, June 14, 2009

A new altered book season

For the summer session of my altered book swap group, i created a book called Fear. I wrote all about it in a previous post here. I just received my first swap book from Carol. Oddly enough, we both seemed to strike the same tone - a sort of offbeat look at dealing with life's issues. My book dealt with fear and quilt and depression. Her book is called Self Help! Carol used a book from the 60's,entitled Secrets of Mind Power. This was probably published long before there were whole sections of book stores dedicated to improving oneself. We have been instructed to keep it light and fun, of course.


Please check back in a couple of weeks to see what i end up creating in this book! And check out Carol's blog, the unlikely crafter, you can read more about her inspiration for this book.

No comments: