Friday, January 25, 2008

It was a dark and stormy night....

Here in northern California the weather is absolutly glorious about 9 months of the year. For about three months you can mostly count on sunny but cool days. Then there are the days (sometimes weeks) when it just doesn't stop raining. Like this week. It has been a grey miserable week and here it is Friday night and the rain is coming down in buckets.
As a former Montrealer, it feels kinds wimpy to complain about "rain". But rain here isn't like back east. I don't know, maybe it is the lack of proper insulation or something - but the rain is LOWDER and more INVASIVE, like the windows are going to pop off and your home will be flooded.
On this rainy night I want nothing more than to crawl into bed and watch old movies, preferably something by Merchant-Ivory with lavish sets and costumes. I should be working on a card for Paul & Dorothy's 50th wedding anniversary. We will be attending a special celebration for them tomorrow night in the city. As in San Francisco. I have a copy of their wedding photo - looks like something straight out the JFK movie with Kevin Costner, or Apollo 13. That very straight laced, skinny tie and buzz cut hair sort of look. I want to use it to make a nice collage card, suitable for framing. But the rain is dampening my creative spirit - so I think I'll wait until the morning light. I hear a good book and a cozy blanket calling my name.....

No comments: